Introducing our 19th episode of ON AIR: With Owen – our latest interview video series with honest conversation about scaling revenue, hosted by our Founder & CEO, Owen Richards.
Our 19th guest is Martin MacArthur – Founder & CEO at The Outbound Sales Guy.
Owen and Martin discuss the differences across prospecting into Americas vs EMEA and how to be successful in outbound. Including:
– The impact that being blind has had on Martin in starting his own business and working in sales
– The difference between selling outsourced sales into Canada vs the US
– The attitude that Americans have towards sales development, cold calling, prospecting emails and other outbound approaches
– Authentic relationship building: more personal sales messaging is better than personalisation
– The channel that Martin finds most successful when selling into the US
– How to follow-up on LinkedIn
– Martin’s sales tech and data vendor recommendations
– How much of Martin’s experience is based around building his own data vs purchasing data
– What’s changed in sales in the US over the past 2/3 years
– Advice for UK companies looking to expand into the US and vice versa
Connect with Owen and Martin on LinkedIn: